1. Combine butter, shortening, and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle. Beat at medium speed until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat until incorporated. Add orange juice, zest and vanilla and mix until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a fork to mix the salt and baking powder. Add this to the mixing bowl and mix on low until well combined.
3. Separate dough into 3 discs and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours.
4. In a 400 degree F oven, bake rolled cookies for 6-8 minutes until barely brown.
5. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack. Frost as desired or enjoy as is!